Commercial Auto Insurance

Protect your business Vehicle with commercial auto insuance

Commercial auto insurance is needed if you use any kind of vehicle for your business operations, from a small sedan to a construction vehicle. Commercial auto insurance isn’t just for industrial vehicles like semis or dump trucks. For example, businesses that use a car to run errands, carry tools or transport clients might also need a commercial auto policy. This type of policy offers coverage for accidents involving equipment, employees, or third parties and covers the cost of damages and injury while keeping your vehicle on the road so that you can keep working.

More about commercial auto insurance

Commercial auto insurance can typically include five major types of coverage:

  • Auto liability covers property damage or bodily injury you cause with your vehicle while you are driving for business purposes. It can also help pay for accident-related legal expenses, such as attorney fees or settlement costs.
  • Medical payment covers medical bills if you or your passengers are injured in an accident, regardless of fault.
  • Collision coverage pays for repairs if your vehicle is damaged in the event of a covered accident involving a collision with another vehicle. This may include repairs or a full replacement of your covered vehicle.
  • Comprehensive coverage can pay for repairs if your vehicle is damaged by something other than a car accident. For example, theft, vandalism, certain weather events, and collisions with an object are usually covered incidents.
  • Uninsured motorist coverage can help pay for damage to your car or bodily injuries you suffer if somebody who doesn’t have insurance hits your vehicle.

In addition to food trucks, utility trucks, commercial fleets, and other heavy-duty vehicles, commercial auto insurance can cover any vehicle including cars, vans, and pickup trucks if they are used for business operations.

Any business owner who uses their vehicle to perform job functions such as transporting goods, people for a fee, conducting a service, or traveling to multiple job sites per day typically needs a commercial auto policy. Industries that usually fall into this category include:

  • Electricians, plumbers, and HVAC professionals
  • Carpenters, painters, and other contractors
  • Landscapers and plow services
  • Caterers and food vendors
  • Other business professions, like real estate and sales

contact us for a quote today!